Meresha - Violet Night
- Hosted by: wavo
- Submission Date: Mar 15 2018
- Winner Date: Mar 15 2018
Billboard charting and Global #3 emerging artist Meresha and WAVO are running a remix contest of Meresha’s single “Violet Night”. The song is from her EP “Enter the Dreamland”, which AllMusic named one of the top 20 of the year globally (Pop). Cash prizes up to $1,000. Upload your remix to Soundcloud and post on Wavo for a chance to win. Meresha is looking for a mix that rivals or surpasses the original. Be creative and make sure it is radio and/or club ready. Up to 2 entries per participant allowed. Anything goes, from adding rap to making it a duet.
More About The Remix Competition
- $500 Cash (via PayPal) for winner
- Runners up may be selected and compensated $100 each
- Social sharing across Meresha social profiles
- Potential commercial release of winning remix (iTunes, Spotify, etc.)
All submissions must be submitted via Soundcloud on the Wavo contest page. Submissions and voting close at 11:59 PST on March 14, 2018.
Charting well and social media visibility will increase your exposure, but the winner will finally be decided by a judging panel including Meresha based on factors including overall quality and commercial potential. Be sure to tag and mention Meresha (@Mereshas on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) in social media posts.
Key: Eb- Eb pentatonic
Terms & Conditions
Competition: Meresha “Violet Night”
1. WAVO indemnifies Meresha and related entities and designees from any claims that may arise as a result of this contest and the remixes created therefrom;
2. The (re)mixes are streaming-audio only for the contest and will NOT be available as a download;
3. Posting of individual stems is not allowed, nor is use for other purposes.
4. No previously copyrighted material may be used in any of the remixes;
5. All uses subject to our approval;
6. All rights in the (re)mixes shall be owned by the owner of the original composition (Meresha);
7. Any creative material by contestants shall be deemed ‘work-for-hire’ and re-mixers receive no compensation for their (re)mixes beyond the prize for the winning mix;
8. All rights of commercial exploitation are reserved to the owners of the original composition.
9. The winner and potential runner up(s) will sign releases and provide full WAVs/stems/sessions of their work.
10. All uploads may be monetized by the rights owner, and paid accordingly.